Have you recently graduated and you’re looking to move to the big smoke?
Looking for a flat can be a nightmare at the best of times. It can take weeks of sifting through estate agents’ websites only to find every flat you’re remotely interested in has just been taken off the market.
But help is at hand and that’s where Pisoria comes in. We have compiled our top tips list to help you survive.
First things first, ask yourself the following questions;
- How long do you want the tenancy for? You can ask for a tenancy to be any time between 6 months and 7 years and of course this has to be agreed with the landlord. Just remember circumstances change.
>> Pisoria are happy to offer advice on tenancy lengths.
- Which area would you like to live in? London is an exciting, dynamic city to live in. No two areas are the same, which means it can be difficult to choose the best spot for you to call your home. There are trendy areas, professional areas, quieter ones and more. Deciding where to live in London should depend on what your priorities are when looking for a new home.
> All Pisoria properties are within a very short commute of the city centre, here’s a guide to Pisoria areas.
- Who would you like to live with? Deciding who to share your home with is very important, do you have a friend in mind that you would like to live with, a partner or are you looking to move into a house share with people you haven’t met as a way of meeting new likeminded people.
>> We have a number of wonderful potential housemates on our books ready to welcome you in.
- What can you afford? Think about how much rent you can afford to pay: 35% of your take-home pay is the most that many people can afford, but this depends on what your other outgoings are.
- Will you need a guarantor/money for a deposit? Some landlords might ask someone to guarantee your rent if you are not earning over a certain value to cover your rent. Consider who you would ask to be your guarantor.
>>If you’re struggling to find a guarantor consider using Helping Hand. Also don’t forget, if you are struggling to save for a deposit you could think about using Reposits. Call Pisoria today to speak to our team.
We know how painful finding a flat in London can be – finding a place in the right area with all your home comforts; sorting out bills; getting the landlord to fix things.
That’s why we take care of everything. Acting as the bridge between you and the landlord, we make your life a whole lot easier, and ensure that you have everything you could wish for. Including all bills, cleaners, fast broadband, and access to a 24/7 repairs hotline – we really go the extra mile.
All you need to do is remember where you put your keys!